Quality of Life
The Community Development Department provides comprehensive land use services, both to the public and to the city, in support of the preservation, assistance, and regulation of development in the City of Brea and its sphere of influence. The department’s primary goal is to ensure and enhance the quality of life in the community.
The department also performs the following duties:
- Oversees the long-range and regional planning issues of importance to Brea and the surrounding region
- Issues all building, planning and public works permits
- Performance of building inspections
- Tracking of development fees
- Preservation of neighborhoods (both residential and business) through the Neighborhood Enhancement Program and the Code Enforcement Program
The department acts as coordination and technical staff to other city departments seeking land use and project management expertise. The department also serves as the staff liaison to the Planning Commission.
Community Development is responsible for the City’s programs related to development projects, city real estate, and economic development including affordable housing and business services.
Explore more specific divisions of responsibility under this department by selecting from topics in the left hand column.